About the Library
The log cabin that originally housed the library collection is now located in Heise Park.
Galion Public Library
was founded in 1901. Since that time our collection has grown to around 100,000 items.
Initially the library was housed in a small log cabin, which is now located in Heise Park
The current Galion Public Library building
dates from 1904.
The current library building was built in
1904, partly with Carnegie
funds. In 1990, the building was expanded to create room for an
ever-growing collection of materials and services. Additional
building maintenance is performed on a regular basis as needed.
Loan periods are two weeks for printed and audio materials with a fine of ten cents per day. Videos circulate for seven days (three days for new releases), with a one dollar late fee per day. Use the catalog
to see what items the library has available, or see our
for more information
about what the library offers you.
Besides a dedicated professional staff
the Galion Public Library is also blessed with an active
Friends of the Library
friends hold seasonal bake sales and bazaars, as well as managing
the library's running book sale. The funds raised by the Friends
are used to better the services provided by the library.
The library is governed by an independent board