Meeting Room Rules
- The meeting rooms' use will not be extended to any private group
or organization whose membership is limited by race.
- Library programs will take precedence over all other scheduled
meeting room events, and the library reserves the right to change
schedules if necessary.
- Child care for children of adults attending meetings in library
meeting rooms is the responsibility of those adults, not the library.
- The use of the meeting room will not be publicized in such a way as
to imply library sponsorship of the group's activities. Any publicity
must be approved by the Library Director. Publicity must include an
address or telephone number of the group (or an individual of the group)
as contact information. The library must not be the point of contact.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for social activities, private parties,
commercial endeavors, or gatherings that advertise a product or service.
- The library does endorse the right of those using the room to express
their views, as long as they abide by the meeting room policies and rules.
- An adult leader shall be present at all times and responsible for the
supervision of children under the age of eighteen.
- Meetings and programs shall not disturb patrons using the library's
- Non-library groups may not charge fees or make commerical solicitations,
unless for accredited education or certifications. Groups may charge a
reasonable fee to recover cost of materials used at the meeting.
- Rooms must be reserved in advance and can not be reserved for days or
times when the library is closed.
- The library has some equipment which may be requested at the time of
scheduling. The applicant must demonstrate the ability to operate the
equipment. Library staff are not available to operate the equipment.
If the equipment has been intentionally damaged, the group will be
- Light refreshments may be served in the Community Room and the Staff
Lounge. Cooking is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted.
- The library will not be responsible for anything belonging to
groups or organizations who use the meeting rooms.
- No signs, posters, or announcements may be posted on meeting room
walls or doors.
- Tables and chairs are available for the group to set up. Except
for evening programs, groups are expected to return the room to its
- All meetings must conclude fifteen minutes before
the library closes, to allow time for people to leave.
- The library will attempt to reach the contact person for the
group in the event that the library closes for an emergency.
- Groups are responsible for notifying the library of cancellation
of a meeting in addition to notifying group members and/or the
audience. Failure to notify the library could result in loss
- Groups are encouraged to park in the public lot across from
the library, in order to allow older and handicapped patrons
easy access to the library.